If there’s any issue about me always giving deadlines, it’s that something ALWAYS happens to mess things up.
Well, barring any more setbacks…
(…it’s the Hungry Ghost festival in Singapore, with papers burning everywhere like it’s the Siege of Mount Hiei or something, and unfortunately, I have a dust allergy)
There’s still a lot of setbacks.
Due to work issues, I will probably only be able to release 1 volume over the next two months. Given the circumstances, I do think I’ll focus on the anthology, 3 minutes Boy Meets Girl. Currently, I have completed 4 of the 19 chapters, and I do wish to add in my own story (okay, it’s not exactly my idea, but I want to try writing a story for myself, something I had yet to do in 3 years, since an April Fool anyway. Don’t worry, it’s not a convoluted story.). I only have…about 330 pages left to complete the volume, and we don’t get anthologies anyway, so I’ll do it, just for some shorter reads (we’re the tl:dr generation, this is a must). That’s the main reason why I picked up the anthology, besides being influenced by the Shinonome Yuuko series (don’t ask me how, I just don’t know).
At this point, I’m more focused on niche series rather than mainstream works (partly because I’m not looking to promote myself anymore, and partly because I want to provide differing offerings).
A few things I wish to guarantee however,
- Hikaru to be completed by Christmas this year.
- Try to complete 3 volumes of Biblia next year (as I did noted elsewhere, I’m beginning to sound like Liverpool FC fans)
- Head back to Baka Tsuki to pick up an old, dusted series.
- Continue with the ‘I’m a High School Boy and a Bestselling Light Novel author, strangled by my female classmate who is my junior and a voice actress’ series, just to annoy everyone else hoping for something different. Hey, it’s only 3 volumes long…until otherwise stated.
- I must remember to drink brain bleach whenever I translate Rokujo.
- Magdala being my main series next year.
- Finish up 256 pages of Gundam Unicorn (I owed that for at least a year…after completing the prior 9 volumes of the series way before the final OVA episode aired…gg)
- Did I say that if there’s no movement on Baka Test 12.5, I’ll pick it up again and finish the entire thing by the end of the year?
On a side note, I’m kinda bemused by this:
IZAYOI, IS THAT YOU!?
As much as I’ll like to blame someone for copyright infringement, I’m really amazed that a 12-year-old kid’s able to do a decent job drawing the guy, like woah.
(That, and someone of that age actually watching Mondaiji. The kid’s got a future.)
PS: To those wondering about volume 8’s completion, it’s probably going to be done… before the month actually ends, I hope.